PhD (2011), Chemistry and Analytical Sciences, Johnson Matthey Technology Centre joint with the Open University
MEng (2006), Materials Science and Engineering, Department of Material Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London
BEng (Hons, 2005), Materials and Metallurgy Engineering, Northeastern University (Shenyang, China)
Mailing address: EBE110J Elision Building, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST,UK.
Phone: +44 (0)191 227 4401 Email: terence.liu AT northumbria.ac.uk
Mr Yucheng Wang, 1st year PhD student in Mechanical Engineering
Email: yucheng.wang AT northumbria.ac.uk
MSc(2015), Polymer and Polymer Composite Science and Engineering, The University of Sheffield.
BEng (Hons, 2014), Polymer materials and Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology.
*********************Representative Publications (since 2014)**********************:
12. Kui Zhang*, Guangru Zhang, Xiaoteng Liu, Anh N. Phan, and Kun Luo*, A Study on CO2 Decomposition to CO and O2 by the Combination of Catalysis and Dielectric-Barrier Discharges at Low Temperatures and Ambient Pressure, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2017, 56 (12), 3204–3216.
11. Lei Xing, Qiong Cai, Xiaoteng Liu, Chunbo Liu, Keith Scott and Yongsheng Yan*, Anode partial flooding modelling of proton exchange membrane fuel cells: Optimisation of electrode properties and channel geometries. Chemical Engineering Science, 2016, 146, 88-103.
10. Huinan Che, Jibin Chen, Kai Huang, Wei Hu, Xiaoteng Liu, Guangbo Che, Chunbo Liu* and Weidong Shi*, Construction of SrTiO3/Bi2O3 heterojunction towards to improved separation efficiency of charge carriers and photocatalytic activity under visible light, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2016, 688, 882-890.
9. Xiaoteng Liu*, Elieen H. Yu and Keith Scott, Preparation and Evaluation of a Highly Stable Palladium Yttrium Platinum Core-shell-shell Structure Catalyst for Oxygen Reduction. Applied catalysis B: Environmental, 2015, 162, 593-601. IF:7.490
8. Xiaoteng Liu*, Kui Zhang, Jianwei Lu, Kun Luo, Vinod. K Puthiyapura, Jinglong Gong and Keith Scott, Determining the effect of plasma pre-treatment on antimony tin oxide and it supported PtPd as an oxygen reduction reaction catalyst, ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 1543-1546. IF:5.04
7. Xiaoteng Liu, Chenxi Xu, Jigui Cheng* and Keith Scott*, A polybenzimidazole/ionic-liquid-graphite-oxide composite membrane for high temperature polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, Journal of Power Source, 2015, 274, 922-927. IF:6.227
6. Kun Luo*, Yuanying Mu, Peng Wang and Xiaoteng Liu*, Effect of oxidation degree on the synthesis and adsorption property of magnetite/graphene nanocomposites, Applied Surface Science, 2015, 359, 188-195, IF:2.711
5. Elijah Chiremba, Teuku Mukhriza, Xiaoteng Liu, Pier Paolo Greco, Kui Zhang*, A Study on CO2 and CH4 Conversion to Synthesis Gas and Higher Hydrocarbons By the Combination of Catalysts and Dielectric-Barrier Discharges – Applied Catalysis A, 2015, 502, 138. IF:4.402
4. Xiaoteng Liu*, Xu Wu and Keith Scott, Study of niobium and tantalum doped titania supported Pt electrocatalysts for methanol oxidation reaction and oxygen reduction reaction. Catalysis Science & Technology, 2014, 4, 3891-3898. IF:5.525
3. Vinod. K Puthiyapura, Sivakumar Pasupathi, Huaneng Su, Xiaoteng Liu, Bruno Pollet and Keith Scott*, Investigation of supported IrO2 as electrocatalyst for the oxygen evolution reaction in proton exchange membrane water electrolyser. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2014, 39, 1905-1913. IF:3.659
2. Lei Xing, Xiaoteng Liu, Taiwo Alaje, Ravi Kumar, Mohanmod Manlok and Keith Scott*, A two-phase flow and non-isothermal agglomerate model for a proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell, Energy, 2014, 73, 618–634. IF: 5.153
1. Challenges and Perspectives of Nanocatalysts in Alcohol-Fuelled Direct Oxidation Fuel Cells. in Catalysts for Alcohol-Fuelled Direct Oxidation Fuel Cells, The Royal Society of Chemistry, Editon edn., 2012, pp. 227-249. Book chapter.